Baked Sausages with Apples
A different way to serve apples with pork, this dish makes a warming dinner with plenty of wonderful textures and flavours.
- 3 Fuji or Jonagold apples, cored and cut into cubes
- 500g potatoes or sweet potato, cut into the same size.
- 200g carrots
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp fresh sage chopped (or slightly less if dried)
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped (or slightly less if dried)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 6 Ziggys Sicilian Style Pork Sausages
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the apple cubes, potatoes, carrots, onion, sage and rosemary.
- Drizzle the honey and olive oil over, season generously with salt and pepper then toss really well so that everything is coated.
- Arrange the veggies and apples in a large shallow roasting pan. Arrange the sausages in and around the vegetables.
- Bake for 15 minutes, give the sausages a turn over, and pop back in for another 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.