Chicken Schnitzel with German Potato Salad
Enjoy a schnitzel the German way with this filling meal with plenty of lovely texture and flavour.
- 4 Chicken Breast Schnitzels
- Olive oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 500g red potatoes, sliced into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 large bunch Parsley
- Bring a pot of water to the boil
- Add the potatoes to the water and boil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Set aside.
- In a large pan (non-stick would be best), heat a thin layer of olive oil on medium-high until hot. When the oil is hot enough that a few breadcrumbs sizzle immediately when added to the pan, add the chicken schnitzels. You may need to cook these in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Cook each schnitzel 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and immediately season with salt.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- To the pot of drained potatoes, add the horseradish, spring onion and wholegrain mustard. Sprinkle with olive oil and toss to coat the potatoes evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes to a separate serving dish
- Garnish the chicken schnitzels with the chopped parsley and serve with the potatoes and a side of sauerkraut.