Chili Con Carne
Warm up on a weeknight or entertain friends on a for a relaxed lunch with this this quick version of Chili Con Carne. This tasty dish can be served with our favourite rice or as a filler for tacos and burritos.
- 750g premium beef mince
- 125g bacon
- 2 medium brown onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium red capsicums, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Heat oil, bacon, garlic and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is clear and then add mince and cook for a further 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add capsicums and chilli. Cook for about five minutes or until soft. Add spices and cook, stirring, for a further one minute.
- Add tomatoes and one cup of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add beans and increase heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until beans are heated through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice, grated cheese and sour cream.
- This is also delicious as a filler in tacos or burritos.