Juicy Pork Loin Chops
Tender tasty pork chops with a pan sauce. Perfect for serving with a salad, mashed potato or steamed veg.
- 4 pork loin chops
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Set the chops aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- After 30 minutes, use a paper towel to pat the pork chops dry then rub both sides of the chops with the spice rub.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Flip the pork chops over and reduce the heat the low, then cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for approx 10 minutes. Check the chops are done by cutting into the thickest part of a chop and checking that the juices run clear.
- Transfer the chops to a plate, then cover loosely with foil, allowing to rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the pan sauce, increase the heat to medium-high, then add the chicken stock, vinegar and honey. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
- Taste, then adjust the seasoning to add salt, vinegar or honey, as needed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Place the pork chops back into the pan and spoon the sauce onto the tops.
- Remove the chops, slice and serve over salad, mashed potato, cous cous or vegetables and drizzle generously with pan sauce.