Pork Bistro Scotch Steak
Bistro-style pork steaks at home - this great recipe is from Australian Pork and features a delectable creamy mushroom sauce. Best enjoyed with a glass of Four of Us Pinot Noir, available at Ziggys.
- 4 pork scotch steaks, 2cm thick
- Salt and pepper to season
- 60g butter
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 30g flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup cooking cream
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- Steamed vegetables or chunky chips to serve
- Season the pork steaks with salt and pepper and rub with oil. Tie with a little kitchen string to secure shape.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook pork steaks for 6 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other. Rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
- Heat butter in a small frying pan and sauté mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add the combined chicken stock and cream until smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook stirring continuously until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in chives.
- Serve pork steaks with creamy mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables or chunky cut chips.