Schnitzel with Fried Egg and Potatoes
This delicious German dish is best served with a slide of fresh coleslaw!
- 2 Chicken Breast Schnitzels
- olive oil for frying
- potatoes, peeled, diced and par boiled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 fried eggs
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan. Add the garlic and rosemary and stir through. Once oil is hot, add the potatoes and sauté until cooked through and crispy. Season with salt to taste.
- Remove potatoes from the pan and keep warm. Clean out the pan with a paper towel and add more oil.
- Add the schnitzels to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden and crunchy and cooked through.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and keep warm.
- Now crack both eggs into the pan and fry to your liking.
- To serve, place a fried egg on top of each schnitzel, then add the potatoes, sharing evenly between each serving.
- Serve with fresh coleslaw or shredded leafy greens.