Sweet, Sour and Spicy Pork
An absolutely delicious Asian inspired meal, shared by Off the Table's Anna Yip, using premium Australian pork.
- 500g Pork Casserole Pieces, cut into strips (discarding any bones)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 5 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Handful of snow peas, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the malt vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, corn starch and water together to make a sauce.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and over low-medium heat, fry garlic and chili flakes, then toss pork pieces in.
- Once the meat has been seared, add the sauce to the frying pan and stir to coat the meat over high heat. Reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and thickened, then mix in the white sesame seeds and chopped snow peas, allowing snow peas to heat through.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.