Tikka Chicken Skewers
A tangy, spicy marinade makes for a BBQ meal with zing!
- 600g Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow capsicum
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, paprika, masala, cumin, turmeric, onion powder and chili powder to create a tikka spice mix.
- Cut the chicken into chunks and place in a separate, large mixing bowl
- Add the yoghurt, lemon juice and tikka spice mix to the chicken. Combine well, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove marinated chicken from the fridge. Tread the chicken along prepared skewers along with chunks of red onion and capsicum.
- Grease a BBQ grill and preheat to medium-high heat. Place the chicken skewers on the grill and rotate to cook all sides thoroughly. Cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the skews to a platter and serve with steamed rice.