A traditional Italian-style dish, veal scallopini is thinly tenderised, making for a quick and easy meal bursting with flavour.
- 2 Veal Scallopini
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/4 freshly cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tsbp olive oil
- 100g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon slices, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper with a whisk. Pour evenly onto a flat plate.
- Place the veal into the flour mixture and turn to coat evenly.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and 2 tbsp butter.
- When butter is bubbling, add the veal and cook for about 1 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes until tender. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and serve over the top of the veal.
- Stir the stock into the pan and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add parsley and remaining butter and cook, stirring gently for 1-2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the veal and mushrooms.
- Place lemon slices on top and serve with pasta or mashed potato.