BBQ Sausage & Mushroom Pizza
A tasty pizza from Australian Beef, using delicious Ziggys beef sausages.
- 300g Ziggys Thin Beef Sausages
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 200g mixed mushroom, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pizza bases
- 1/2 cup pasta or pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 150-200g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- fresh basil leaves
- salt & pepper
- mixed leaf salad
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Drizzle oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt, and cook for 2 - 3 mins, until mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Remove sausage meat from casings and pinch into bite-sized pieces. Add sausage to pan with mushrooms. Cook a further 2 - 3 mins, stirring occasionally, until sausage has started to brown. Remove from heat.
- Spread tomato sauce over pizza bases, leaving a 1 cm border at the edge. Top with cheese, sausage mixture, spring onions, and oregano. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Slide pizzas onto a preheated pizza stone, tray, or straight onto the oven rack. Bake 8 – 10 mins, until crust is golden, and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with fresh basil, serve with a crisp salad.